Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Life Captured - Your Life My Vision



So, I've finally taken the plunge into turning one of my favorite hobbies into a business...Life Captured Photography! Only because no one would pay me to duck hunt!!

My passion and knowledge has grown over the years. It all started with borrowing my Dad's Pentax K1000 to use for a 4-H class I was taking back in the day. An all manual camera and it was great! I took a yearbook class a couple years in high school as well as an independent study class. In there I took a photograph that won a Gold Key award at an art show in Kansas City...that really got me fired up!

From there, I finally got a Nikon FM2N...a camera I'd fallen in love with. Another all manual film camera that I love...and still do. I used it for many years, just playing around, and a few years ago finally bought my dream camera, a Nikon F5, the bad boy of bad boys when it comes to film cameras! Once I got it...I thought, "how am I going to pay for this??" So, I started charging for my work and I was doing pretty good, but was limited with all the new technology and what other photographers can offer by use of digital equipment and computer software for their work. So, with great sorrow sold the F5 and bought a new Nikon digital camera...and so far, it's just been AWESOME!

I'm working on my website that should be completed in a few weeks...the website will be:


www.lifecaptured.us


I'm looking for a mother-to-be to do a maternity shoot with as I'd like to include that in my ever growing portfolio! A fine deal will be struck up for this lucky mother!! Where are you?? :-)

Check back soon for some updates on a few recent shoots I've done!


I think that's about all for now...I leave you with a picture of my son...bless his heart, he had to put up with posing for Daddy in the studio so I could practice...but, we got some great shots we'll both cherish!!

Take care,


Joshua

No comments: